- Use lowercase letters for the URL portion of the page title.
- Capitalize the initial letter, but otherwise follow sentence case for page titles.
- Do not use A, An, or The as the first word.
- Normally use nouns or noun phrases: Early life, not In early life.
A page should begin with an introductory lead section—a concise summary of the page—which is never divided into sections. This is the section before the table of contents and the first heading. The lead serves as an introduction to the page and a summary of its most important contents.
A lead section should contain no more than four well-composed paragraphs and be carefully sourced as appropriate.
Use boldface (text like this) to highlight the first occurrence of the title word/phrase of the article in the lead section.
- Capitalize all species names. Eg. Pendragon, Lukuo, Yki, etc.
- Capitalize names of trades (Artistry, Inner Sight, etc.), jobs, professions, and skills (Notice, Will, etc.).
- Do not capitalize names of floras and creatures unless they are at the beginning of a sentence.
- Use sentence case for article sub-headings. Eg. Units of measurement.
Italics are used for emphasis, rather than boldface or capitals. But overuse diminishes its effect; consider rewriting instead.
¶ Italicize names and titles
- Named, specific vessels: spacecraft, vehicles, and other aircraft.
- Major works of art and artifice, such as albums, books, video games, films, musicals, operas, symphonies, paintings, sculptures, newspapers, journals, magazines, epic poems, plays, television programs or series, radio shows, comics and comic strips.
- Use italics for the scientific names of floras, animals, and all other organisms. Eg. draco sapiens.
- Use italics for phrases in other languages (Ramathian, Ykili, etc.) and for isolated foreign words that are not common in everyday English. Eg. thill, arden, etc.
Use the Metric system for units of measurement.
Do not reference Earth (Terran) events or Humans when contributing to the wiki. Earth does not exist in our game. Avoid writing descriptors such as:
- "similar to an Earth crocodile"
- The proper abbreviation of Pendragon is 'dragon (with the leading apostrophe).
- The proper abbreviation of Feydragon is Fey.
- Upload images in .png format.
- Use lowercase letters in the file name.
- Put the article name and your Shadowlack username in the file name.
An example naming convention:
Having your username in the image file name ensures that you are able to be properly given attribution credit.
A quick spellcheck before saving your edit is greatly appreciated.
Either spelling is correct. Do not unnecessarily edit articles to change the spelling. However, as Shadowlack is based out of Canada, the default spelling is Canadian English.